Tropical Breakfast Bowl
A trendy cafe brunch staple, the smoothie or breakfast bowl is easy to make at home. It also makes a great snack on a hot day or even dessert! It's best to freeze the dragon fruit the night before and quickly assemble the dish in the morning.
Serves 2*You can click on the link to purchase the individual items.
1 small ripe mango
1 ripe kiwi
4 tablespoons granola
2 tablespoons coconut flakes
2 tablespoons mixed nuts
2 teaspoons of honey
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 butterfly pea flowers
- First peel and cube the dragon fruit - place in a ziploc bag. Freeze the dragon fruit for at least 4 hours.
- Blend the frozen dragon fruit until it is smooth, you may add 2-3 tablespoons of iced water to make it blend easier.
- Divide the dragon fruit smoothie into two bowls and return the bowls to the freezer while you slice the fruit.
- Slice the bananas into circles then gently mix with lemon juice to prevent discolouration.
- Peel and slice the kiwi into half moons.
- Prepare the remaining toppings so that you can top the smoothie bowls immediately when they are out of the freezer.
- Take one smoothie bowl out of the freezer, then arrange your toppings on it quickly, starting with the kiwi, mango, banana, then adding the coconut flakes, granola and mix nuts. Drizzle with a teaspoon of honey, and top with one butterfly pea flower, then repeat with the next bowl.
- Serve quickly (you may return the first bowl to the freezer while assembling the second one).