Passionfruit, Mango & Sago Pudding
This bright, yummy dessert is delicious, easy-to-make and impressive to serve. The tropical fruit flavours mingle well with each other, and the sago and coconut milk give texture and sweetness.
3 tablespoon sago pearls
1 litre of water
1 large ripe mango
2 tablespoons evaporated milk
100ml coconut milk
2.5 teaspoons white sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 ripe passionfruit
- Make the sago: First, prepare the sago pearls. Boil 500ml of water. When boiling, add the sago pearls, cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Prepare a large bowl of cold water.
- Empty the boiled sago into a sieve - the sago should have a translucent outer layer and a white dot in the middle. Wash it under cold water for 20 seconds.
- Empty the washed sago into the bowl of cold water and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process 1-4 again, then strain the sago and reserve for later use.
- Add the remaining mango and evaporated milk to a blender, then blend till smooth.
- Divide the mango into serving glasses, then chill in the refrigerator.
- Cut the passion fruit into half, and scoop out the pulp into a bowl.
- To assemble, remove the serving glasses with mango puree from the fridge.
- Top each with one tablespoon of passion fruit.
- Mix the sago and coconut milk mixture together and divide between the glasses, layering on top of the passion fruit.
- Finally, garnish with reserved mango cubes and remaining passion fruit. Serve immediately, or chill it till serving.