Caramelised Banoffee Tart with Coconut Gelato
A delicious and super easy-to-make tart, made decadent when the bananas meld with the dulce de leche (caramel sauce). A scoop of coconut gelato completes this sweet treat!
Serves 2*You can click on the link to purchase the individual items.
1 tablespoon butter, melted
⅛ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon cinnamon powder
Dulce de leche
1 tin of condensed milk (make sure its real condensed milk and not sweetened creamer)
2 ripe bananas
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 tablespoon honey
½ teaspoon grated lime zest
2 scoops coconut gelato
- Once thick and golden, set aside to cool.
- Tart Crust: Preheat the oven to 220℃ with the top grill on. In a mortar and pestle (or any other way), crush the biscuits into a fine powder.
- Mix the crushed biscuits with the salt, cinnamon and butter, then divide into half and press into the bottom of two 12cm, loose-bottomed tart tins.
- Place the lime juice into a small plate, then peel the bananas and slice into 1-inch rounds. Place each slice in the lime juice to prevent discolouration. Gently turn the bananas so that they are evenly coated in lime juice. Then, drizzle with the honey.
- Place 2 tablespoons of dulce de leche in the middle of each tart tin, then gently spread it, leaving a 0.5 cm border from the sides of the tin.
- Place one slice of banana in the center, following with a circle of banana slices around the middle piece.
- Place the tarts in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes until the tops are golden.
- To serve, place a scoop of coconut gelato on top of each tart, then sprinkle with lime zest.